Boys Track and Field Wins Another Meet, Girls Take Second, Henry Sets Pole Vault Record
April 5, 2017
Austin Henry breaks school record in pole vault. View photo gallery for photos from the meet.
High school track and field had another successful meet on Saturday, April 1, 2017 at CCS. The boys took home the meet champion award and the girls team won second overall with 25 teams represented at the meet. Personal records were set and top honors earned. Congratulations to the hardworking Warrior athletes in the track and field program.
Meet Highlights and Honors
- Austin Henry cleared nine feet in the pole vault event breaking the school record just set in March. Pole Vault is a brand new event for CCS, and our school is blessed to have an incredible coach (Coach Foster) and very talented and ambitious athletes who are willing to learn.
- The girls 4x100 and 4x200 relay teams won gold.
- The boys 4x100 and 4x400 relay teams won gold.
- Tyler Landua won first in the 110 m. hurdles.
- John Ethan Baldwin won the 300 m. hurdles
- Anna Kharisma Fontenot took home the gold in the 100 m. dash.
Largest Track and Field Team in School History
A record number of athletes are participating in the high school track and field program this year with 35 boys and 23 girls competing. It is exciting to see them working every afternoon in all of the events, and then watch them as they improve each meet. District is just two weeks away. Coaches and athletes are looking forward to great success by all.